Introduction to Hardware and PC Building – Taster 2022 Wednesday 8th June 9.30am – 1pm
This course is designed to introduce students to the internal hardware components of a personal
• How to read the specifications displayed in computer sales advertisements.
• How to research computer component upgrade options e.g., hard drives, RAM memory,
graphics cards, CPU, and motherboard components.
• How to remove and replace internal computer hardware components e.g., hard drives, RAM
memory, graphics cards, CPU, and motherboard components.
Gain an understanding of work content, career, and further study opportunities available in the
Information Technology Industry. Ideal for students who are in Year 12 and 13.
As a result of attending the course, students will be able to:
• Identify internal computer components.
• Remove and replace computer components.
• Understand the specifications mentioned in computer sales advertisements.
• Understand how data flows between computer components – input, output, storage
processing and memory.
• Research upgrade options for a specific component.
This course is delivered in a fun way and involves some group work – practical hands-on experiences,
which are underpinned by the relevant theory. Students need to have an interest in information
technology and have reasonable computer literacy