New Māori & Pacific Scholarship at UC
What does Takere involve?
A UC scholarship which includes:
- $1,200, paid as a fortnightly allowance of $400, during the Takere Academy (6 weeks).
- Takere Academy, inclusive of free catered accommodation in a student hall of residence, for six weeks to assist the transition to university life.
- Ongoing tailored support and assistance, including needs based subsidised accommodation at a UC student hall, throughout a recipient’s first year of university study.
- Guidance for whānau of recipients on how best to support their child at university.
Recipients will also:
- participate in a fees-free 15-point 100-level UC paper which could contribute to their degree as part of the Academy, along with social and cultural activities.
- receive ongoing support through engagement with UC Māori and Pacific mentors along with dedicated, and tailored support from a Kaiurungi Māori or a UC Pacific Advisor from Te Waka Pākākano | Office of the Assistant Vice-Chancellor Māori, Pacific and Equity throughout the academic year.
- be given the opportunity to participate in the UC Māori Leadership Programme, Paihere or Pacific Mentoring Programme.
Scholarships are limited. Applications open on Monday, 5 July 2021 via the Scholarships website and close on Sunday, 15 August 2021.
Successful applicants will be phoned for a follow up in-person interview by 1 September 2021.
Interviews to meet applicants and whānau kanohi-ki-te-kanohi (in-person) will occur during the month of September 2021.