About the event:
Experience Day provides students in Year 12 and 13, who are interested in creative arts, the opportunity to come onto the Wellington campus for a one-day workshop. Numbers are limited so if you are interested in pursuing creative arts, choose one workshop and book your place now.
Dates: Experience Day Friday 9 June (there is only one Creative Arts Experience Day this year)
Time: 09.00am – 02:00pm (with the option to stay to tour student Accommodation and for Art and Design students to have a portfolio review)
Location: Toi Rauwhārangi College of Creative Arts, Massey University, Entrance C, Wallace Street, Wellington – Block 12, Level C
- 09:00am – Registration (check-in anytime from 9am-9:25am)
- 09:30am – Welcome
- 10:00am – Attend your chosen workshop
- 12:30pm – Lunch (pizzas provided with veggie, vegan, gluten free options)
- 1:00pm – Student panel
- 1:30pm – Closing presentation (information about scholarships and applying)
- 2:00pm – End of Experience Day. Accommodation tour and Portfolio Reviews available (please indicate if you would like to attend a tour or have a portfolio review on the registration form)
Please register for ONE workshop only. Each workshop aligns to one of our degree pathways. Spaces are very limited, these workshops are for those with a genuine interest in pursuing a career in creative arts.
To find out more about each of these degrees, majors and the pathways within these programmes please see our website: https://creative.massey.ac.nz/
Bachelor of Design with Honours Workshops:
- Industrial Design – Our problem with plastic
- Spatial Design – Spaces of the Future
- Photography – Making Artist Books
- Textile Design – The Nature of Pattern
- Visual Communication Design – Creating a Character
Bachelor of Fine Arts with Honours Workshop:
- Fine Arts – Painting Workshop
- Fine Arts – Sculptural Feeling
Bachelor of Māori Visual Arts with Honours Workshop:
- Māori Visual Arts – Introduction to kōwhaiwhai
Bachelor of Screen Arts with Honours Workshop:
- Screen Arts – The In-Camera Film Festival
- Screen Arts – Let’s make a card game!
Bachelor of Commercial Music Workshop:
- Music – Life in the Recording Studio
- Music – Production, Composition and Beyond!
If you are interested in applying for our fine art or design courses, bring along some examples of your work, or work in progress and staff can advise you about your application.
If you want to check out university accommodation there will be a chance to do this at the end of the day, please allow up to an hour of extra time at the close of Experience Day.
If you register for this event let me know and I will explain your absence.